North Central Landcare 2006-07 Acheivement Story
Regional Landcare Team: The Performance Story.
Through the support and facilitation of the Regional Landcare Team in 2006 – 2007 the following activities occurred:
• 219 media articles (including print, television and radio) relating to Landcare;
• More than 30 Landcare groups reviewed or created their action plans;
• Approximately 70 projects or events strengthening the partnerships Landcare Groups have with Corporate entities, Shire Councils, North Central CMA, Department of Sustainability and Environment, Department of Primary Industry and Parks Victoria amongst others;
• Over 180 on-ground or education and awareness projects;
• Over 100 awareness raising events including funding seminars, 20th anniversary celebrations, drought forums, regional bus trips and displays at agricultural shows;
• Opportunity for participation in over 106 training or skills development workshops for Landcare Volunteers were provided.
To inform their role as knowledge brokers the Regional Landcare Team participated in the following training:
• Most Signi?cant Change story collection;
• “The Land, it’s Traditional Owners and the Law”;
• “Community Engagement – Get Engaged” (DSE); and
• Workplace Training and Assessment (Cert IV).